Tiotours.travel Terms and Conditions.
Table of contents
Previous terms of service
A. All Travel Experiences
A1. DefinitionsSome of the words you’ll see have very specific and literal meanings, and all the ambiguities therein have been avoided
A2. About these termsWhen you complete your booking, you accept these Terms and any other ones that you’re provided with during the booking process.
If anything in these Terms is (or becomes) invalid or unenforceable: it will still be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under the laws of Uganda you will still be bound by everything else in the terms set forth by the service providers.
These Terms are laid out like this:
Section A: General terms for all types of Travel Experiences.
Sections B to F: Specific terms for just one type of Travel Experience:
Section B: Accommodations
Section C: Tours
Section D: Car rentals
Section E: Flights
Section F: Private and public transportation
If there’s any discrepancy between general and specific terms, the specific terms will apply.
A3. About Tiotours.travel
- When you book an accommodation, flight, or attraction, provides and is responsible for the Platform, but not the Travel Experience itself (see A4.4 below).
- When you book a rental car or private or public transportation, Tiotours.travel Transport Limited provides and is responsible for the Platform, but not the Travel Experience itself (see A4.4 below).
- We work with companies that provide local support services (e.g. Customer Support or account management).
They don’t: control or manage our Platform have their own Platform have any legal or contractual relationship with you provide Travel Experiences represent us, enter into contracts, or accept legal documents in our name
operate as our “process or service agents.”
A4. Our Platform
- We take reasonable care in providing our Platform, but we can’t guarantee that everything on it is accurate because we also get information from the Service Providers. To the extent permitted by the laws of Uganda, we can’t be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions, or any missing bits of information, though we shall do everything humanly possible to correct/fix them as much as we can.
- Our Platform is not a recommendation or an endorsement of any Service Provider or its products, services, facilities, vehicles, etc.
- We’re not party to the terms between you and the Service Provider. The Service Provider is solely responsible for the Travel Experience.
- To make a booking, you may need to create an Account. Make sure all your info (including payment and contact details) is correct and up to date, or you might not be able to access your Travel Experience(s). You’re responsible for anything that happens with your Account, so don’t let anyone else use it and keep your username and password secret.
- Unless otherwise indicated, you need to be at least 16 to use the Platform.
A5. Our values
- You will abide by and comply with all applicable laws of Uganda and cooperate with any anti-fraud/anti-money laundering government entities such as the Financial Intelligence Authority, amongst others. You are advised not to make fake bookings, use the Travel Experience and/or Platform for their intended purpose not cause any nuisance or damage, and not behave inappropriately to the Service Provider’s personnel (or anyone else, for that matter).
- When you make a booking, you agree to pay the cost of the Travel Experience, including but not limited to taxes and other charges that may apply.
- Some of the prices you see may have been rounded to the nearest whole number. The price you pay will be based on the original, “non-rounded” price (although the actual difference will be tiny anyway).
- Obvious errors and misprints are not binding. For example, if you book a premium car or a night in a luxury suite that was mistakenly offered for $1, we may simply cancel that booking and refund anything you’ve paid.
- A crossed-out price indicates the price of a like-for-like booking without the price reduction applied (“like-for-like” means same dates, same policies, same quality of accommodation/vehicle/class of travel, etc.).
- For some products/services, the Service Provider will require an Upfront Payment and/or a payment taken during your Travel Experience. If we organize your payment, we (or in some cases our affiliate in the country your payment originates from) will be responsible for managing your payment and ensuring the completion of your transaction with our Service Provider. In this case, your payment constitutes final settlement of the “due and payable” prices
- If the Service Provider charges you, this will usually be in person at the start of your Travel Experience, but it could also be (for example) that your credit card is charged when you book, or that you pay when you check out of your Accommodation. This depends on the terms set by the service provider as the same will be seen in the booking process.
- If the Service Provider requires an Upfront Payment, it may be taken or preauthorized when you make your booking, and it may be non-refundable. Before you book, check the Service Provider’spfront payment Policy as set by the service provider and the same will be available during the booking process), which we don’t influence and aren’t responsible for.
- . If you know of or suspect any fraud or unauthorized use of your Payment Method, contact your payment provider, who may cover any resulting charges, possibly for a fee
- If the currency selected on the Platform isn't the same as the Service Provider's currency, we may: show prices in your own currency offer you the Pay In Your Own Currency option.
Every user of our service is given a chance to choose any currency they want for any transaction however the United States Dollar Currency will be the main currency and services will be computed to the above currency.
- We’ll store your Payment Method details for future transactions after collecting your consent.
- When you make a booking, you accept the applicable policies as displayed in the booking process. You'll find each Service Provider's cancellation policy and any other policies (e.g. age requirements, security/damage deposits, additional supplements for group bookings, extra beds, breakfast, pets, cards accepted, etc.) on our Platform, on the Service Provider information pages, during the booking process, in the fine print, and/or in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). We further remind you that you will have to adhere to the terms of the service provider.
- If you cancel a booking or don’t show up, any cancellation/no-show fee or refund will depend on the Service Provider’s cancellation/no-show policy.
- Important to note that some bookings can’t be canceled for free, while others can only be canceled for free before a deadline.
- If you book a Travel Experience by paying in advance (including all price components and/or a damage deposit if applicable), the Service Provider may cancel the booking without notice if they can't collect the balance on the date specified. If they do, any non-refundable payment you’ve made will only be refunded at their discretion. It's your responsibility to make sure the payment goes through on time, that your bank, debit card, or credit card details are correct, and that there's enough money available in your account.
- If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell inform them when they can expect you so they don't cancel your booking. If you’re late, travel is not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
- As the person making the booking, you are responsible for the actions and behavior (in relation to the Travel Experience) of everyone in the group. You’re also responsible for obtaining their permission before providing us with their personal data.
A9. Privacy and cookies
- If you book an accommodation, flight, or attraction, read our Privacy Notice for more info on privacy, cookies, and how we might contact you and process personal data.
- We promise to protect the privacy of the individual and of personal data in accordance with the Data Protection and Privacy Act of 2019, Laws of Uganda and all other laws and practices from various jurisdictions that aim at safeguarding our client’s right to privacy.
- Accessibility requests
- If you have any accessibility requests: about our Platform and/or services, contact our Customer Service team
about your Travel Experience (wheelchair access, walk-in baths, etc.), contact your Service Provider or the airport, train station, etc.
- If you bought insurance through our Platform, refer to the policy document(s) for the terms and for further info. These Terms do not apply to insurance.
- The TIO RATE discounted rate offered by participating Service Providers for certain products/services.
- Genius rates are for members of the Tiotours.travel Genius program. There are no membership fees, and it’s easy to become a member – just create an Account. Membership and rates are non-transferable. Membership is linked to a specific Account. Membership can also be linked to specific campaigns or incentives.
- There are different “Genius Levels” based on how many Accommodation bookings you’ve made in a given period. Each level provides different travel rewards.
- We may change any feature of the Genius program, including the membership levels and the way the program is structured.
A13. Rewards, Credits, & Wallet
- We may issue Rewards to you—at our sole discretion and subject to—
(a) The terms here in A13 and
(b) Any Individual Reward Criteria that apply.
If we make a clerical error
- in calculating your Rewards or
- in converting currencies related to your Rewards, we can always change or correct any balances shown.
- How to get Rewards. You might, for example, get a Reward by booking at a participating hotel or by making a certain number of bookings in a given time period. When a Reward is available, we’ll explain what the specific conditions are and how to use it.
- Where to find your Rewards. Once you’ve received one or more Rewards, you’ll find a “Rewards and Wallet” link in your Tiotours.travel Account menu. Under the “Rewards” tab, you’ll see all the Rewards you’ve earned, what actions (if any) still need to be taken to obtain the Reward(s), and any other terms and conditions.
- Types of Rewards. Rewards give you
- (a) Credits in your Wallet or
- (b) something different (e.g. a Credit Card Cash back or a coupon). We’ll explain each Reward at the appropriate time.
- How to get Credits. Credits are usually issued as a result of getting a Reward. But we may issue Credits for other reasons, for example, if your Travel Experience didn’t live up to our usual high standards.
- Where to find your Credits. Once you’ve received some Credits, you’ll find a
“Rewards and Wallet” link in your Tiotours.travel Account menu. Under the
“Wallet” tab, you’ll see your total Credits balance (split into Travel Credits and Cash Credits if you have both kinds). You’ll see when Credits were received or spent, and when they’ll expire. If you have Cash Credits, you’ll also see a link to cash them out.
- Types of Credits. Travel Credits can only be spent on certain Travel
Experiences. We'll show you which Travel Experiences you can pay for with Travel Credits (which specific accommodations, tours, car rentals, etc.).
Cash Credits can be cashed out to your Payment Method (click “Withdraw Cash Credit”), or spent on any Travel Experience that you can pay for with Travel Credits.
- To receive any type of Rewards, you must, when qualifying for and using the Credits:
have an Account with us and a mature adult of 18years old meet the Individual Reward Criteria not violate the Rewards & Wallet Terms, and have a valid credit card to qualify for Credit Card Cash back Rewards.
- When a Reward is available, the Individual Reward Criteria will explain how (and if) you qualify for it. There may be: time-sensitive restrictions (e.g. offers with expiration dates)
platform restrictions (e.g. promotional codes that can only be used in our app)
property restrictions (e.g. offers that can only be used with specific Service Providers)
a minimum spend (e.g. a Reward that you’ll only earn when you spend at least a certain amount on a booking) a maximum Reward value (for either monetary or non-monetary Rewards).
- Rewards can’t be sold, encumbered, or transferred in any way to a third party. In the event of an Account holder’s death, their Account will be closed and their Rewards (if any) will be cancelled.
- You can put either Cash Credits or Travel Credits toward the cost of an eligible Travel Experience on a participating Platform (e.g. www.Tiotours.travel or a Group Company website).
- If that Travel Experience costs less than you have in Credits, your unused Credits will remain available in your Wallet.
- If that Travel Experience costs more than you have in Credits, you must make up the rest of the cost in time, using another accepted Payment Method, or your purchase will be canceled and your Credits returned to your Wallet.
- If you have various Credits with more than one expiration date, the Credits with the earliest expiration date will be used first.
- If you cancel a Travel Experience that you’ve paid for (in part or in full) with Credits, the Service Provider’s cancellation policy will determine whether or not your money and/or Credits are refunded. Our Customer Service team will be able to refund any Credits that you may be entitled to.
- You can cash out Cash Credits (but not Travel Credits) to a Payment Method.
- Your Wallet’s default currency is determined by your location, residency, or another currency we may elect. If you get any Credits or Credit Card Cash backs in another currency, we’ll convert them to your default currency, or another currency we may elect, using our Currency Conversion Rate.
- If a Reward was issued because you booked a Travel Experience, any associated Credits that haven’t been used will be deleted from your Wallet if that Travel Experience is canceled.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Reward that was obtained by fraud.
- If you didn’t receive a Reward that you should have, contact our Customer Service team no more than 12 months after you did what you believe qualified you for it. Please provide any supporting documentation you have. If you don’t do this within 12 months, you won’t be able to claim the Reward.
- All Credits have an expiration date, which you’ll find in the “Credits” section of your Wallet.
- Your obligations:
You’re responsible for making sure that all information is (and stays) correct, complete, and up to date
If we ask you for proof of ID, please provide it within 30 days
You’re responsible for keeping your Wallet sign-in details safe and secure.
- If you don’t adhere to the rules in this section, we may automatically suspend or cancel your Wallet.
- You may not use your Wallet or Rewards in any way that is misleading, unfair, or harmful.
- We may set off/settle any or all of your Credits against any claim we (or a Group Company) have against you. We may do this at any time, and without advance notice.
- We may change, suspend, or end any aspect of the Wallet, Rewards, and Credits.
In particular, we might change: these Rewards & Wallet terms which users we allow to have a Wallet which Rewards or Credits we provide the expiration dates of any Rewards or Credits any Individual Reward Criteria.
- We’ll make reasonable efforts to give you prior notice if we make any changes or stop providing Wallets altogether.
- If we stop providing Wallets, all Credits and Rewards that haven’t expired will be valid for another 12 months.
A14. Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights in our Platform (technology, content, trademarks, look and feel, etc.) are owned by Tiotours.travel (or its licensors), and by using our Platform, you agree to do so for its intended purpose only and to respect the conditions set out below in paragraphs A14.2 and A14.3.
- You’re not allowed to monitor, copy, scrape/crawl, download, reproduce, orotherwise use anything on our Platform for any commercial purpose without written permission of Tiotours.travel or its licensors.
- We keep a close eye on every visit to our Platform, and we’ll block anyone(and any automated system) we suspect of: conducting an unreasonable amount of searches using any device or software to gather prices or other information doing anything that places undue stress on our Platform.
- By uploading any picture to our Platform (e.g. for a review), you’re confirming that it complies with our criteria and that:
it’s truthful (e.g. you haven’t altered the picture or uploaded one of a different property) it doesn’t contain any viruses you’re allowed to share it with us
we’re allowed to use it on our platform and in relation to further commercial purposes (including in a promotional context), everywhere, forever. (If you let us know we can no longer use it, we’ll consider any such reasonable request)
it doesn’t infringe the privacy rights of other people
you accept full responsibility for any legal claims against Tiotours.travel related to it.
- Just to be clear, we’re not responsible or liable for any picture uploaded to our Platform, and we’re allowed to remove any picture at our discretion (e.g. if a picture does not meet the above criteria).
- The terms and conditions herein waive any and all claims it may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction to so called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the use, results and/or proceeds of the Tiotours.travel services and Work Product.
A15. What if something goes wrong?
- If you have a question or complaint, contact our Customer Service team. You can do so by accessing your booking through our app or through our Help Center (where you’ll also find some useful FAQs). You can help us help you as quickly as possible by providing:
your booking confirmation number, your contact details, your PIN (if you have one), and the email address you used when booking a summary of the issue, including how you’d like us to help you any supporting documents (e.g. bank statement, pictures, receipts, etc.)
A16. Communication with the Service Provider
- All questions and complaints can be reported to our Customer Care team.
- We may help you communicate with your Service Provider, but we can’t guarantee that they’ll read anything from you or that they’ll do what you ask. In itself, the fact that you contact them or that they contact you doesn’t mean you have any grounds for legal action.
A17. Measures against unacceptable behavior
- We have the right to stop you from making any bookings, to cancel any
Bookings you’ve made, and/or to stop you from using our Platform, our Customer Service, and/or your Account. Of course, we’ll only do this if in our opinion there’s a good reason to, such as: fraud or abuse non-compliance with Our values or with applicable laws or regulations inappropriate or unlawful behavior (e.g. violence, threats, invasion of privacy) in relation to us, any of the companies we work with – or anyone else, for that matter.
- If we cancel a booking as a result, you won’t be entitled to a refund. We maytell you why we canceled your booking, unless telling you would (a) contravene applicable laws and/or (b) prevent or obstruct the detection or prevention of fraud or other illegal activities. If you believe we incorrectly canceled your booking, contact our Customer Service team.
A18. Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by mandatory consumer law, we’ll only be liable for costs you incur as a direct result of a failure on our behalf. This means, to the extent permitted by law, we won’t be liable for any: indirect loss or indirect damage inaccurate information about a Service Provider product, service, or action of a Service Provider or other business partner
mistake in an email address, phone number, or credit card number (unless
it’s our fault) force majeure or event beyond our control.
- If you breach these Terms and/or the Service Provider’s terms, to the extent permitted by law: we won’t be liable for any costs you incur as a result, and you won’t be entitled to any refund.
- To the extent permitted by law, the most that we or any Service Provider will be liable for (whether for one or a series of connected events) is the cost of your booking, as set out in your confirmation email.
- Nothing in these terms will limit our (or the Service Provider’s) liability in respect of our (or their) own (i) negligence that leads to death or personal injury or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We don’t make any promises about Service Providers’ products and services apart from what we expressly state in these Terms. Making the right choice(s) is entirely your responsibility.
- Just to be clear, nothing in these Terms will entitle any third party other than the Service Provider to anything.
- You may be protected by mandatory consumer protection laws and regulations, which guarantee you rights that no company’s terms can overrule. In that case, our liability is determined not just by these Terms, but also by any applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
A19. Applicable law and forum
The terms herein shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Uganda in force at the time of its execution and NO term or any written meaning of word or expressions may be imported into this Agreement unless expressly stated herein except for terms implied into this agreement by the Laws of Uganda.
A20. Linked travel arrangements
after selecting and paying for one travel service, you book additional travel services for your trip or vacation during the same visit to the Platform: or
you book additional travel services for your trip or vacation via a link provided to you by us no later than 24 hours after receiving confirmation of your initial booking with us, therefore we shall not be responsible for the proper performance of those travel services. For any issues, you will have to contact the relevant Service Provider.
B1. Scope of this section
- This section contains the specific terms for Accommodations products and services.
B2. Contractual relationship
- When you make a booking, it’s directly with the Service Provider.
We're not a “contractual party” to your booking but we are just a vehicle that leads you to the service provider.
- As Tiotours.travel, we only own and operate the Platform.
- Our Platform only shows Accommodations that have a commercial relationship with us, and it doesn’t necessarily show all their products or services.
- Information about Service Providers (such as facilities, house rules, sustainability measures) and their Travel Experiences (such as prices, availability, and cancellation policies) is based on what they provide to us. They’re responsible for making sure it’s accurate and up to date.
B3. What we will do
- As Tiotours.travel, we provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Accommodations, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- Once you’ve booked your Accommodation, we will provide you and the Service Provider with details of your booking, including the names of the guest(s).
- Depending on the terms of your booking, we may be able to help you change or cancel it if you want.
B4. What you need to do
- Fill in all your contact details correctly, so that we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with information about your booking and, if necessary, contact you.
- Read these Terms and the terms displayed during the booking process carefully.
- Take care of the Accommodation and its furniture, fixtures, electronics, and other contents, and leave things in the same state they were in when you got there. If anything is broken, damaged, or lost, make sure you report it to the staff there as soon as you can, before you check out.
- Maintain the security of the Accommodation and its contents during your stay. So, for example, don’t leave doors or windows unlocked.
B5. Price and payment
- See “Prices” (A6) and “Payment” (A7) above.
B6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds
- See “Policies” (A8) above.
B7. What else do you need to know?
We Price Match
- We want you to get the best possible price every time. If, after you've booked your Accommodation with us, you find the same Accommodation (with the same conditions) for less on another website, we promise to refund the difference.
- Some offers on our Platform are marked as “Partner offers,” which means they come to us through a Tiotours.travel partner company, rather than straight from a Service Provider. Unless otherwise indicated, any Partner offer that you reserve:
Must be paid for at the time of booking
Can't be modified. However, if it offers free cancellation, you’ll be able to cancel it for free, as long as you do so in time.
Can't be combined with any other offers (promotions, incentives, or rewards)
Can't be scored or reviewed on our Platform.
Price incentives by Tiotours.travel
- Some of the price reductions you see are funded by us, not by the Service Provider. We simply pay some of the cost ourselves.
- When you’re booking, you may see that some Service Providers refer to a “damage policy.” This means that if anyone in your group loses or damages anything: you should inform the Service Provider
instead of charging you for it directly, the Service Provider will have 14 days to submit a damage payment request through our Platform, under your reservation number
if they do, we’ll tell you, then you can tell us if you have any comments and whether you agree with the charge – then: if you agree, we’ll charge you on their behalf
if you disagree, we’ll look into it and decide whether or not to discuss it further*.
- It is important to note that there’s a limit (displayed while you’re booking) to how much the Service Provider can charge you under the damage policy through our Platform.
- Any payment you make would be between the Service Provider and you. We’d just be organizing it on behalf of the Service Provider.
- The damage policy doesn’t relate to general cleaning, ordinary wear and tear, any crimes (such as theft), or any non-physical “damages” (e.g. fines for smoking or bringing pets).
- The Service Provider might require a “damage deposit” before or at check-in. If they do, we’ll tell you about it while you’re booking – but it has nothing to do with the “damage policy.” We won’t be involved in any financial settlement related to damage deposits. * If there’s any damage, the Service Provider can always decide to initiate a (legal) claim against you outside of the damage policy, in which case the limit (see 5 above) wouldn’t apply.
C1. Scope of this section
- This section contains the specific terms for Tour products and services.
C2. Contractual relationship
- Our contractual relationship will be governed by the Contracts Act No. 1 of 2010, Laws of Uganda as the enabling Law.
- We act solely as the Platform and are not involved in the Third Party Terms. We are not responsible for your ticket and (to the fullest extent permitted by law) have no liability to you in relation to your booking.
C3. What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers and (from time to time) Third-Party Aggregators can promote and sell Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- Once you’ve booked your Attraction, we’ll provide you and the Service Provider with details of the booking. If the Service Provider needs more than your name, we’ll tell you at the time of booking. 3. Depending on the terms of your booking, we may be able to help you change or cancel it if you want.
C4. What you need to do
- You must fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with information about your booking and, if necessary, contact you.
- You must read and agree to comply with our Terms and the
Third-Party Terms (which will be displayed at check-out) and acknowledge that breaching them may lead to additional charges and/or the cancellation of your booking.
C5. Price and payment
- When you book an Attraction, we’ll organize your payment. For details of how this works, you can contact us through our Customer Care advisors.
D. Car rentals
D1. Scope of this section
- This section contains the specific terms for Car Rental products and services.
D2. Contractual relationship
- Our Contractual relationship will be governed and or determined by the provisions in the Contracts Act No. 1 of 2010, Laws of Uganda.
- When you book a Rental, your booking is either (a) with us or (b) directly with the Service Provider. Either way:
Our Terms govern the booking process. When we send you your booking Confirmation, you’ll enter into a contract with us and the Laws governing Contracts in Uganda, specifically The Contracts Act No. 1 of 2010 will be the enabling law for this specific transaction.
- When you sign this at the rental counter, you’ll enter a contract with the Service Provider, but you’ll see and accept the key terms of it while you’re booking your car.
- In most cases, you’ll get your booking Confirmation as soon as you complete your booking. However, if the Service Provider doesn't confirm your Rental immediately, we won’t take payment or send you your booking Confirmation until they’ve done so.
- If there’s any discrepancy between these Terms and the Rental Agreement, the Rental Agreement will take precedence over the Terms set herein.
D3. What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- We don’t guarantee the precise make and model you’re booking (unless we expressly say so). The phrase “or similar” means you could get a similar car (i.e. the same size, type of transmission, etc.). It is important to note that the car pictures are only illustrative.
- Once you’ve booked your Rental:
we’ll give the Service Provider the booking details (e.g. the Main Driver's name and phone number)
we’ll provide you with Pick-up information (e.g. the Service Provider's contact details, and info on what you need to take with you).
D4. What you need to do
- You must provide all the information we need to arrange your booking (e.g contact details, pick-up time, etc.).
- You must read and agree to comply with these Terms and the Rental Agreement, and acknowledge that if you breach them: you might have to pay additional charges, your booking might be canceled the staff might refuse to hand over the keys at the rental counter.
- You must check your Rental's specific requirements, as many details (e.g. driver’s license requirements, security deposit size, paperwork needed, payment cards accepted, etc.) vary per Rental. Make sure you carefully read: these Terms and the key terms of the Rental Agreement, which you'll see while you’re booking, aswell as the Rental Agreement itself, which you'll receive at Pick-up.
- You must be at the rental counter by your pick-up time. If you’re late, the car may no longer be available, and you won’t be entitled to a refund. If you think you might be late, contact the Service Provider or us through our Customer Care, even if it's because of a flight delay and you’ve provided your flight number.
- The key terms of your Rental tell you what the Main Driver needs at pick-up. You must ensure that when they get to the rental counter, they bring everything they need (e.g. driver’s license, required ID, and a credit card in their own name, with enough available funds to cover the security deposit).
- You must make sure the Main Driver is both eligible and fit (in the Service Provider’s opinion) to drive the car.
- You must have all the documents (e.g. ID, driver’s license) that you need at pick-up.
- You must show the counter staff each driver's full, valid driver’s license, which they must have held for at least 1 year (or longer, in many cases). If any driver has endorsements/points on their license, let us know as soon as possible, as the Service Provider may not allow them to drive.
- You must ensure that any driver with a driver’s license issued in England, Scotland, or Wales obtains a license “check code” no more than 21 days before Pick-up.
- You must ensure that every driver has their own International Driving Permit(if they need one) as well as their driver’s license. All drivers must carry their driver’s license (and International Driving Permit, if necessary) at all times.
- You must ensure that every child has an appropriate child seat if they needone.
- If anything goes wrong during your Rental (e.g. accident, breakdown, etc.),you must: contact the Service Provider not authorize any repairs without the Service Provider's consent. keep all documentation (e.g. repair bills, police reports, etc.) to share with us/the Service Provider/an insurance company.
D5. Price and payment
- For details of our payment process, see “Payment” (A7) above.
Additional costs and fees
- In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a one-way fee if you drop the car off at a different location. If you intend to do this, you need to enter the drop off location while booking, so we can tell you if it’s possible, and show you details of any one-way fee, which you would pay at Pick-up.
- In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a cross-border fee for taking the car to a different country/state/island. If you intend to do this, tell us and/or the Service Provider as soon as you can before pick-up.
- The price of your Rental is calculated based on 24-hour units, for example, a 25-hour rental will cost as much as a 48-hour rental.
- If after pick-up you decide you want to keep the car longer, contact the Service Provider. They'll tell you how much this would cost, and you'll enter a new contract with them directly. If you drop the car off late without agreeing this in advance, they may charge an additional fee as well.
- In some cases, you'll pay for any optional extras (e.g. child seats, GPS, winter tyres, etc.) when you book your car, in which case you're guaranteed to get them at pick-up.
- In other cases, you'll simply request any extras when you book your car, in which case: you'll pay for them at Pick-up, and the Service Provider doesn't guarantee that the same will be available for you.
If you cancel:
MORE THAN 48 hours before your rental is due to start, you’ll receive a full refund.
LESS THAN 48 hours before or while you’re at the rental counter, we’ll refund what you paid minus the cost of 3 days of your rental. There won’t be any refund if your car was booked for 3 days or less.
AFTER your rental is due to start (or if you no-show), you’ll receive no refund.
The counter staff may refuse you the car if (for example): You don’t arrive on time
You are not eligible to rent the car
You don’t have the documentation you need
If that happens, reach us through our Customer Care helpline to cancel your booking, and you’ll receive a refund, minus the cost of 3 days of your rental. Otherwise you won’t be entitled to a refund.
Amendments (changes to your booking)
- You can make changes to your booking anytime before you’re due to pick the car up.
- In most cases, the easiest way to do this is via our app.
- There is no administration fee for changing your booking, but any changes you make may affect the rental price. Sometimes the only way we can change a booking is to cancel it and make another one, in which case we may charge you a cancellation fee on behalf of the rental company.
- If changing your booking would change the price or incur a cancellation fee, we will give you advance notice to that effect.
Changes made by us
- If we/the Service Provider need to change your booking (e.g. if the Service Provider can’t provide the car), we’ll tell you as soon as we can. If you don't accept that change, you’ll be entitled to cancel and claim a full refund (no matter how close the start of your Rental is) but we won’t have any additional liability for any direct or indirect costs you may incur (e.g. hotel room, taxis).
D7. What else do you need to know?
- In all cases, drivers must be at least a minimum age to rent or drive a car. In some cases, they must also be below a maximum age. The limit(s) can vary by Service Provider, location, and type of car.
- Only eligible drivers whose names appear on the Rental Agreement may drive the car.
- You must not take the car to a different country/state/island and/or drop it off at a different location without arranging this in advance.
Late pick-up and early drop-off
- If you pick your car up later (see D4.4 above) or drop it off earlier than agreed in your booking Confirmation, the Service Provider will not refund you for the “unused” time.
E1. Scope of this section
- This section contains the specific terms for Flights products and services.
E2. Contractual relationship
- Our Contractual relationship will be governed and or determined by the provisions in the Contracts Act No. 1 of 2010, Laws of Uganda, and or any other enabling law.
- Most Flights on our Platform are provided via a Third-Party Aggregator, which acts as an intermediary to the airline(s).
- When you make a booking, it’s directly with the airline. We’re not a “contractual party” to your booking. When booking, you enter into
- If you book any extras (e.g. additional baggage, insurance, etc.), you’ll enter into a direct contract with the Third-Party Aggregator or another company. We will not be involved in this contract.
- We act solely as the Platform and are not involved in the Third-Party Terms. We are not responsible for your ticket or any extras you may buy and (to the fullest extent permitted by law) have no liability to you in relation to your booking.
E3. What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- Once you’ve booked your Flight, your booking details (e.g. the names of the traveler(s)) will be provided to the Service Provider.
- Depending on the Contract of Carriage, we may be able to help you change or cancel your booking if you want to do so.
E4. What you need to do
- You must fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with information about your booking and, if necessary, contact you.
- You must read and agree to comply with our Terms and the Third-Party Terms (which will be displayed at check-out) and acknowledge that breaching them may lead to additional charges and/or the cancellation of your booking.
E5. Price and payment
- When you book a Flight, your payment will be organized by us, by the Third-Party Aggregator (or a party specified by them), or by a third party such as an airline. For details of how we organize payments (including the related rights and obligations), we refer you to “Payment” (A7) above.
E7. What else do you need to know?
Airline prohibited practices
- Most airlines don’t allow people to buy tickets that include flights they don’t intend to use, for example, a round-trip ticket if the person doesn’t intend to use the return flight. For more examples, just enter “point-beyond ticketing,” “hidden-city ticketing,” or “back-to-back ticketing” into a search engine.
- When you purchase a Flight, you agree not to do this, and to indemnify us against airline claims for any difference between the cost of your actual journey and the cost of the full journey specified on your ticket(s).
Use of flight segments
- Most airlines require customers to use their flights in order. If you don’t take your first Flight, your airline may automatically cancel the rest of your itinerary.
- If your airline does allow you to “skip” any Flights in your itinerary, make sure you cancel the Flight(s) you don’t want, in line with the cancellation policy of that specific airline
- You may not be entitled to a full refund (or any refund) for these unused Flights.
- If you buy two one-way tickets rather than a single round-trip ticket:
any changes to one Flight will not affect the other, for example, if your initial Flight is canceled, you won’t be guaranteed a refund for your second Flight.
- If you’re traveling abroad, you may need to prove to the check-in and/or immigration staff that you have a return Flight (see
“International travel” below for more on passports, visas, etc.).
Charges, taxes, and fees
- Your fare will include any taxes and fees charged by an airline or government (except entry/exit fees – see “Entry/Exit fees” below). You may be responsible for dealing with any retroactive change in the tax rate.
- We don’t charge any booking fees, but the Third-Party
Aggregator might, depending on which Flight you’ve chosen.
- If they do, the fee will be included in the price of your ticket.
Fees for baggage and other extras
- Your airline may charge for checked baggage, excess/overweight baggage, priority boarding, allocated seating, onboard entertainment, food and drink, and/or airport check-in.
- If they do, the charge(s) will be on top of the price of your ticket (unless it’s expressly stated that your Flight includes the extra(s).
- It’s your responsibility to:
carry a valid passport and/or visa if required comply with any entry requirements
find out if you need a visa to pass through a country that isn’t your final destination
check with the relevant embassy in advance to see if there’s been any change in passport, visa, or entry requirements
review any warnings or advice from your country of residence/origin before you go to/through a country or region.
- By arranging travel to or from any location, we are not guaranteeing that it is without risk and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any resulting damages or losses. The rule of Force Majeure will prevail over.
- It’s not a common practice, but international law allows “disinfection” of aircrafts to kill insects. To do this, personnel might spray the aircraft’s cabin with an aerosol insecticide while passengers are on board, or treat its interior surfaces with a residual insecticide while they’re not on board. Before you travel, we advise you to find out about disinfection, including where it might happen. Entry/Exit fees
- Fees charged by countries or airports to persons entering/leaving the country are not covered by your fare. Before you travel, we advise you to find out if you’ll have to pay this kind of fee.
F. Private and public transportation
F1. Scope of this section
- This section contains the specific terms for Private and Public Transportation products and services.
F2. Contractual relationship
- Our Contractual relationship will be governed and or determined by the provisions in the Contracts Act No. 1 of 2010, Laws of Uganda, and or any other enabling law.
- When you pre-book Private or Public Transportation, your booking will be directly with the Service Provider. When you book an On-Demand Private Transportation, your booking will be with the Third-Party Aggregator. In all cases, our Terms will govern the booking process.
- Pre-Booked Private Transportation. You and the Service Provider both agree to comply with these Terms.
3. Public Transportation and On-Demand Private
Transportation. You’ll be provided with the Service Provider’s terms during the booking process. If there is any discrepancy between their terms and our Terms, their terms will apply.
- On-Demand Private Transportation. By making a booking, you are confirming that you:
have read and accept the Service Provider's terms
agree to contact the Service Provider directly about anything that goes wrong
understand that the Service Provider is responsible for arranging and providing your Private Transportation, choosing routes, setting prices, and providing all relevant information
accept that we just provide a booking platform (i.e. an API service), and will not be liable for any loss you suffer because of anything the driver/Service Provider does or does not do.
Not all Service Providers have their own terms and all the terms you see on our page are those that have been given to us by the service providers
F3. What we will do
- Once you’ve made your booking, we’ll give the Service Provider your details(e.g. your name, phone number, and pick-up location).
- All Private Transportation. We’ll give you the Service Provider's contact details.
- Pre-Booked Private Transportation. We’ll make sure the Service Provider knows what size vehicle you’ve requested.
- Public Transportation. We’ll give you (or tell you how to collect) your ticket(s) or send you codes if need arises.
F4. What you need to do
- You must check the details of your booking carefully, and provide all the information we need to arrange your booking (your requirements, contact details, etc.).
- You must make sure everyone in your group complies with our Terms and (where applicable) the Service Provider’s terms, which you saw and accepted during the booking process. You acknowledge that if you breach them: you might have to pay additional charges your booking might be canceled your driver may refuse to transport you.
- Bear in mind that estimated journey times don’t take traffic conditions into account.
- All Private Transportation. You must make sure all passengers are at the pick-up location on time.
- All Private Transportation. At and around your pick-up time, you must have the phone (whose number you entered when booking) turned on and able to receive calls/texts, in case the driver needs to contact you. We can't guarantee they’ll be able to reach you through messaging applications such as WhatsApp or any available platform.
- Pre-Booked Private Transportation. For any airport pick-up, you must give us your flight details at least 24 hours before your pick-up time, so your Service Provider can adjust it if your flight is delayed. If they can’t provide Private Transportation following a flight delay or cancellation, contact our Customer Service team.
- Public Transportation. You must make sure all passengers arrive on time, leaving enough time to collect tickets if necessary.
- You must be 18 or older to make a booking, and any passenger under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- You must make sure no passenger behaves inappropriately (e.g. being abusive or doing anything that might endanger someone).
- You must make sure you choose Public/Private Transportation that’s suitable (in terms of party size, amount of luggage, accessibility requirements, etc.).
F5. Price and payment
- travel Transport Limited is the merchant of record for your booking. For details of our payment process, see “Payment” (A7) above.
- Pre-Booked Private Transportation. Price includes any tolls, traffic charges, taxes, and peak surcharges. Payment is taken at the time of booking.
- On-Demand Private Transportation. Price will be confirmed (and payment taken) when your driver drops you off. The price might be different from the price estimated when you booked. You are responsible for any tolls, traffic charges, taxes, peak surcharges, and tips.
- Public Transportation. Payment is taken when your booking is confirmed. Before departure, the Service Provider may need to see your ticket(s)/e-ticket(s). Keep it/them with you at all times, or you might have to pay again.
- The Service Provider/driver doesn’t have to agree to any changes to the Journey that you request in person. If they do, they may charge extra.
F6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds
- In most cases...
Pre-Booked Private Transportation. You can cancel for free up to 24 hours before your pick-up time (2 hours in some cases – see your confirmation). If you don't cancel on time, you won't be entitled to a refund.
On-Demand Private Transportation. You can cancel anytime before your pick-up time, but the Service Provider may charge you a cancellation fee.
Public Transportation. You probably won’t be entitled to a refund once your booking is confirmed. If your plans change, contact our Customer Service team to discuss any options that might be available.
- If your Service Provider has a different cancellation policy (which you’ll see while booking), their policy will apply instead.
- We and/or the Service Provider may cancel the booking with little or no notice, but this would only happen in very specific situations. For example, if:
the Service Provider becomes insolvent or is genuinely unable to honor your booking, in which case we'll do our best to arrange alternative transport (and we'll refund you in full if we can't)
you breach these Terms and/or the Service Provider's terms, in which case you won't be entitled to any refund.
Amendments (changes) before your Journey begins
- Pre-Booked Private Transportation. Your confirmation email will tell you how much notice you need to give (ahead of your pickup time) to request any changes to your booking (such as location or time).
- On-Demand Private Transportation. To change your booking, you may need to cancel it (which might incur a cancellation fee) and make a new one.
- Public Transportation. You can’t change your booking once it's confirmed.
- If we/the Service Provider need to change your booking (e.g. astrike that interferes with your journey), we’ll tell you as soon as we can. If you then decide to cancel:
Any Transport. Unless you cancel for one of the reasons in the next bullet, you’ll be entitled to a full refund (no matter how close your journey is).
Any Private Transportation. If the change is simply a new driver, a new Service Provider, or a new (similar) vehicle, you won’t be entitled to a refund (unless you’re canceling with enough notice).
Either way, neither we nor the Service Provider will be liable for any costs you may incur (e.g. alternative transport, hotel rooms).
- If you want to apply for a refund, you must do so in writing not more than 14 days after your pick-up time.
- Any refund may take up to 5 business days to arrive in your account.
- All Private Transportation. If your driver isn’t at the pick-up location on time, you can apply for a refund, and we’ll investigate this for you.
- All Private Transportation. You won't be entitled to a refund if your ride doesn't go ahead as planned because: the driver/Service Provider can't contact you
one or more passengers isn't at the pick-up location on time, and you haven't requested a new pick-up time you request unreasonable changes to the pick-up time or Journey
you don’t tell us/the Service Provider/the driver about a change you want to
you’d provided incorrect details when booking your Private Transportation (e.g. pick-up location, contact details, number of people, amount of luggage, etc.)
of something that one or more passengers did/didn’t do.
F7. What else do you need to know?
Pre-Booked Private Transportation
- Check your confirmation email to see how long the driver will wait at the pick-up location.
On-Demand Private Transportation
- The driver may not wait beyond the pick-up time, If they do, they may charge you for the time spent waiting. If you aren’t at the pickup location on time, you may be charged a cancellation fee.
Repair or cleaning charges
- If anything needs to be repaired or cleaned because someone in your group has done something unreasonable or is in breach of these terms, you’ll be responsible for the cost of repairs/cleaning.
“Account” means an account (with Tiotours.travel or a Group Company), through which you can book Travel Experiences on our Platform.
“Accommodation” means the provision of an accommodation service by a Service Provider (throughout Section B, “Service
Provider” means the provider of the accommodation service). “Attraction” means the provision of an Attraction service by a Service Provider (throughout Section C, “Service Provider” means the provider of the Attraction service).
“Tour service(s)” includes, but is not limited to, tours, museums, tour attractions, activities, and experiences. “booking” means the booking of a Travel Experience on our Platform, whether you pay for it now or later.
“Tiotours.travel,” “us,” “we,” or “our” means Tiotours.travel